Web-CAT is an advanced automated grading system that can grade students on how well they test their own code. It is free, open-source software. It is highly customizable and extensible, and supports virtually any model of program grading, assessment, and feedback generation. Web-CAT is implemented as a web application with a plug-in-style architecture so that it also can serve as a platform for providing additional student support services to help students learn programming or software testing. Some of its key features:
- Customizable and extensible
- Plug-in-style architecture
- Supports student-written tests, measurement of test coverage, and grading on test thoroughness
- Supports static analysis tools to assess documentation and coding style
- Supports manual grading with direct on-line markup of assignments
This is the on-line home for users and developers of Web-CAT. Ask questions, get support, contribute to development, and get involved!
You can find out more through the following pages: