The CxxTest plug-in for Eclipse provides Eclipse users who are developing C++ code with a graphical user interface for CxxTest. CxxTest is a unit-testing framework for C++ development that behaves similarly to Eclipse's native support for JUnit. This plug-in provides better integration with Eclipse and the CDT. Some key features are:
- Automatically detects test suites in a project by navigating the CDT DOM
- Generates a source file to run all test suites that will be compiled with the containing project
- Enable/disable CxxTest features on a per-project basis through the project properties dialog
- Automatically execute all tests after each successful build
- Test failures are annotated with markers in source files
Its advantages over existing alternatives are that it:
- Doesn't require RTTI
- Doesn't require member template functions
- Doesn't require exception handling
- Doesn't require any external libraries (including memory management, file/console I/O, graphics libraries)
- Is distributed entirely as a set of header files (and a python script).
This makes it extremely portable and usable.
If you are interested in helping this project you can start by browsing the code and looking at the currently open issues.
There are no visible status updates.